Since taking delivery of its first Boeing 727 in April 1972, Iberia operated a fleet of 59 Boeing 727-256 on its network. EC-DDX (sn 21779 / ln 1498) made its first flight in June 1979 and joined Iberia on 28 June 1979. Named after the 12th century Catalonian abbey „Monasterio de Poblet“, Iberia used EC-DDX until 2001, when it was withdrawn fom use and ferried to Bournemouth following year. The remaining part of the fuselage is used as a ground trainer at Sheffield Airport. EC-DDX was photographed at Frankfurt on 12 July 1985.