AP-BGS PIA Pakistan International Airlines Airbus A310-325(ET) (MSN 689)
Founded in 1946 as Orient Airways with a handful of DC-3 in service, today’s Pakistan International Airlines in 2014 has 30 aircraft in its inventory. PIA took delivery of its first A310-308 in June 1991 another five examples were delivered to the carrier until 1994. In 2003 and 2004 six A310s were leased from Airbus, completing the dozen. Pictured AP-BGS made its first flight on 28.09.1993 and was in use with Delta Airlines and Aeroflot, before it was purchased by Airbus an leased to Pakistan International in 2004. Between 2006 and 2011 AP-BGS was painted in the „Ziarat – The City of Flowers“ colorscheme representing the capital of the Ziarat district. Between 2011 and the storage in 2013 after withdrawn from use, the livery was replaced by „Baluchistan Province“ colors.