Thomas Job & Daniel Vogt from Spotting.TV and Ralf Drews from FRA Spotterforum invite you to a Spotter Meetup at Rhein-Main Airport in Frankfurt. The aviation enthusiast meeting takes place on Saturday 25th of January from 8am. Some of us will arrive a bit earlier on Friday afternoon already and stay until Sunday.
Our goal is to film and photograph as many MD11-F cargo planes as possible, because these will be phased out by Lufthansa over the next few months. If the weather permits, we would like to show up close aircraft de-icing.
If you join us by train or plane, please tell us your arriving times, so that we could probably organize a lift to the spots which are partially not easy to reach by public transport. Taxi drivers have a tendency to be unfriendly if they only drive short distances. Just keep yourself away from this trouble and better share this money at the hotel bar with us.
The schedule is a suggestion of how we want to spend the day. We are not a tour operator and cannot assume any liability or guarantee that the tour will be carried out. This is a complete non commercial private event! Be aware that we film and take photos as much as possible. If you do not want to find yourself on these later on, please give us a hint. We inform on our Spotting.TV Facebook page about planned livestreams, so that people from all over the world can be part of that meetup.
A planned APRON tour had to be canceled for organizational reasons. You can join the official tour at 2:30pm on Saturday. More information and booking [click here].
Our schedule suggestion:
- arriving on Friday, 24th January, afternoon.
We check if Jerry Dyer, the founder of Big Jet TV is “on duty” and give him a wave or say “hello”.
(to avoid misunderstandings: Jerry is not affiliated with this event, he is in Frankfurt for one of Big Jet TV´s “european planespotting livestreams”).
- if there are interested spotters, we do a friday evening meetup in one of the hotel-bars next to “Gateway Gardens”, walking distance to Terminal 1.
- Saturday, 25th January starting with the sun. First possible meetup place could be the Spotter stand “Zeppelinheim” for the runways 25L and 25C.
- possible lunch break locations:
McDonald’s in Terminal 1
Pub “Ju 52” at Intercity Airport Hotel, Zeppelinheim. opens 2pm, parking 4 Euro / hour.
- head of runway 18, “Startbahn West”
- runway 25R “Nord-West”
- if there are interested spotters, we do a saturday evening meetup in one of the hotel-bars next to “Gateway Gardens”, walking distance to Terminal 1.